Title: Business Systems Analyst
Department: Client Services
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Responsible for working collaboratively with internal and external partners to gather and define requirements for custom software development projects and translating those requirements into functional project specifications. Responsible for acting as an application expert for internal and external partners during scoping and feasibility phases of the software development lifecycle.
Responsible for helping facilitate communication between developers and external partners during Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing phases of the software development lifecycle. Responsible for working with internal partners to generate Rough Order to Magnitude estimates for custom development projects.
The Business Systems Analyst is a highly organized and detail oriented Cybergrants application expert who can bridge the gap between technical and non-technical partners in order to deliver functional specifications that detail complex business requirements for custom development projects.
- Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a Cybergrants application expert during scoping and feasibility sessions with internal and external partners.
- Advocates Cybergrants best practices during scoping and feasibility sessions with internal and external partners.
- Captures and documents client business requirements and dependencies for custom development projects.
- Transforms client business requirements and dependencies into functional specifications used by internal development partners to complete custom development projects.
- Facilitates the generation of Rough Order of Magnitude documents for custom development projects.
- Acts as a liaison between technical and non-technical partners to ensure custom development project requirements, assumptions, and dependencies are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Facilitates communication between internal and external partners during Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Performs comprehensive product evaluations for potential technologies that could be used to enhance the CG software offering as needed.
- Demonstrates broad peripheral vision in design and troubleshooting perspective, considering all angles
- Demonstrates a strong desire to be a quality individual contributor and team member
- Demonstrates a strong ability to learn quickly and research new technology or skills area when needed.
- Is an excellent communicator and demonstrates full accountability for assigned deliverables, ensuring the requestor is delighted in the outcome.
- Does not put more emphasis on advancing than on learning.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to be flexible and think out-of-the-box when faced with non-ideal circumstances. Doesn’t assume a defeated posture in the face of a challenge.
- Pushes back constructively on requests that may inject a level of undue risk in the outcome without appearing to lose accountability.
3+ years of Business System Analyst experience. Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and demonstrated ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Experience with SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Experience in Agile / Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience executing and coordinating scoping and requirements gathering activities specifically related to software development activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-based environments.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration and Management, Management Information Systems, or a related technical discipline. Equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience is also acceptable.
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.